It’s the most wonderful time of the year… as famously sung by Andy Williams.
It is a time for festivities with friends and family. Christmas is possibly the only time you can almost guarantee a steady flow of guests around your home.
Here are a few tips to get your home ready for Christmas this year. You want to love the home you live in and be proud to show it off to guests…
1. Making an entrance – Every front door needs a festive Christmas wreath! And there are lots of great ones out there. Check out your local garden centres for fantastic real ones or the local highstreet brands have lots to offer too. If a traditional one is not for you. The front door is setting the scene to your home. Make it a great one! Dangle lights, dress your bay trees and hang some garlands.
2. Theme – Choose a theme that you love! Weather it is winter wonderland, retro, rustic or colourful, choose it and stick to it. Check out my Pinterest page for some inspiration!
3. Festive Lighting – Not only does this look fantastic it also helps to create a cosy, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Lighting can be perfect for both inside and outside your home, it doesn’t have to be for just around your tree. Put it in bowls, around your fireplace, along the stairs, and even around your entrance bay trees. Don’t forget great atmospheric lighting can also be achieved by candlelight too. Don’t be scared to try something different.
4. Christmas candles – From one sniff of a Christmas candle it instantly sends me back to Christmas pasts and gets me excited for Christmas present. I can never have too many of these. The perfect Christmas candle is the ones with added spice and there are lots for you to choose from on the highstreet!
5. A Merry Mantle piece – Mantle pieces and fireplaces are the heart of a room, often where families and friends gather. Show it off with hanging stockings, garlands and more lighting from candles and fairy lights.
6. Deck the Staircase – If you have a staircase dress it for the occasion with garland’s, baubles, lights and even smelly orange spice pot pourri, enhancing the festive smell around your home.
7. Baubles – Gone are the days where baubles are just for hanging on your tree. They can also be used to decorate your home, from the ceilings, windows, filling bowls and lanterns. You could even add more lighting to a bauble filled lantern to give it extra wow.
8. Christmas card display – Since most of us probably receive more Christmas cards than we can count and happily so… Rather than cluttering our homes with them. Use them to make a pretty display.
For more Christmas inspiration don’t forget to check out my Pinterest page.
Merry Christmas all